Saturday, May 1, 2010

Peace

Write about a moment of peace. An hour or a day or a week of solitude, the state of your mind? How did you get there?

Oddly enough I had a moment of peace this morning when I woke up. It was starting to rain out and I still had the window open from over night, and then I heard thunder. I realized then I could lay in bed all day and listen to it storm because for me it is relaxing and a sound I love. Rain makes things clean again and I love the smell of a fresh rain. Also, I remember what a babysitter told me years ago as a kid: when it thunders God is laughing and when lightening strikes he is taking pictures. I realize that with wanting kids I need to find peace in little things, and the rain has always been a peaceful state of mind for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
I have been married to Mike for five years and we have a goofy almost three year old named Robert, and one due on December 18th! I am a teacher, looking for the right school to teach at!